Whether your diet is paleo, gluten-free or vegan, zucchini pasta is the perfect way to still have fun spinning noodles without the flour, carbs or eggs that come with traditional spaghetti. A spiralizer is a fancy tool that turns out long, thin ribbons from your favorite veggies, which can be served raw or sauteed with coconut oil for tender texture. Don’t have a one? A plain-old vegetable peeler will do. In this recipe, zucchini pasta is topped with a rich, creamy sauce made from avocado, spinach, cucumbers and basil for a gorgeous, entirely green meal.
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
½ cup spinach
2 seedless baby cucumbers
12 basil leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
Herbal seasoning, to taste
Optional: 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breast, chopped
1. Use spiralizer or vegetable peeler to cut zucchini into long, ribbon-like strands.
2. In a large pan, sautÃ© zucchini noodles with small amount of coconut oil until softened, about 7 minutes.
3. To make avocado sauce, place avocado, spinach, cucumbers, basil, lemon juice and seasoning in blender or food processer and blend until smooth.
4. Top noodles with avocado sauce.
5. Optional: If you want to add chicken, place chopped chicken breast in large skillet with coconut oil. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.