It’s not that you don’t want to heat up the kitchen (the weather isn’t that warm, yet). You don’t mind complicated steps (though you’re always up for a recipe challenge). And splurging on sweets isn’t unreasonable to you (every now and then, anyway). So why bother with a raw dessert? Besides the obvious appeal of stir, chill and serve, you get pure, whole-food goodness from 100% natural ingredients that haven’t lost any nutrients due to high-heat cooking. These brownies aren’t just a chocolate dream, they’re a healthy serving of protein, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals in disguise!
3-Ingredient Raw Chocolate Brownies
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Use hands to mold mixture into rectangular brownie shape, pressing against a flat surface to form straight edges.
- Eat brownies as is, or refrigerate before serving.
(Note: Brownies can be stored for up to 14 days in the fridge. They can also be frozen.)
- To enhance flavor, add ¼ tsp. each of pure vanilla extract and sea salt.
- For mint brownies, add a drop of mint essential oil.
- For chocolate chip brownies, add 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs.
- For coconut brownies, sprinkle on shredded coconut.
- For superfood brownies, add your favorite superfoods (such as goji berries, maca powder or greens powder).
Nutrition info: 106 calories, 7 grams fat, 13 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams protein