No lunchbox is complete without dessert. But you don’t want to ruin a healthy meal with excess sugar, preservatives or artificial flavors. Make a dessert that’s good for you and good for your little ones with this easy, no-bake recipe. You’ll only need six ingredients to make 16 delicious, fudgy chocolate dessert bars. Bonus? These bars are free from 14 common allergens, including nuts and dairy. Lunchbox problems, solved.
Makes 16 bars
2 pkgs. Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, ground (28 large cookies)
2 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder
1 cup dairy-free butter
3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips, for topping
2 Tbsp. olive oil, for topping
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt dairy-free butter. Whisk in maple syrup and cocoa. Mix in crushed cookies and coat with butter mixture.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan and smooth out the top. Freeze for 20 minutes. Then remove pan from freezer.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine mini chips and oil. Heat for 20 minutes and stir to combine. Repeat until chocolate is fully melted.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to frozen pan and smooth out top.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour until set. Slice to serve.
Note: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days or freeze.