Hopefully summer brings you blissfully lazy days when you can sit on a park bench, perhaps under the shade of a big tree, and revel in the warmth and sunshine. For those peaceful, meditative afternoons al fresco, bake a batch of these light and sweet thumbprint cookies. Filled with your favorite jam, they are the perfect treat to enjoy while sipping lemonade or iced tea, surrounded by the gentle sounds of chirping birds and that warm, calming summer breeze.
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White Flour
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal, plus more for rolling
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup strawberry jam (or any flavor you like)
2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add milk and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, almond meal and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together.
- In a small bowl, add an additional 1/4 cup of almond meal. Scoop out 1-inch balls of dough and roll in almond meal.
- Place each ball on cookie sheet and press down with your palm to flatten. Push thumb into center of each to make small crater.
- Put 1/2 tsp. jam into each hole.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Make this recipe dairy-free by subbing in a dairy-free spread for butter and using soy or rice milk instead of traditional cow’s milk.
- Use any flavor of jam you have on hand. These cookies are delicious with any flavor!