Sweet and sour or salty and sizzling? When you can’t decide between a tangy Asian entré or a hearty American meal, there’s no need for debate. Satisfy both of your cravings with the perfect hybrid of spring roll and burger! With fresh carrots, grated ginger and sweet chili sauce, these Asian turkey burgers let you have the best of both worlds.
2 pieces pita bread, halved
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 pound Simple Truth Natural Ground Turkey
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp. Simple Truth Organic Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. sweet red chili sauce
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
4 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Simple Truth Organic Carrots
1 red onion, halved and divided
1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and coat baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In food processor, pulse carrots and onion. In large bowl, combine with turkey, bread crumbs, ginger, soy sauce, chili sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Shape mixture into patties and place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In small skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Slice remaining onion half and sauté with red pepper for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add lime juice.
- Place pita on oven rack and warm for a few minutes. Serve burgers on pita halves. Top with peppers and onions or serve on the side.