Hit the farmer’s market early in the morning, shopping for the freshest eggs and crispest asparagus. Then whip up this delicious recipe for Asparagus and Corn Omelet for an unforgettable brunch. Feel like getting extra-fancy? Then serve with freshly squeezed orange juice mimosas or peach Bellinis.
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 bunch (5.5 ounces) asparagus, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 slices grainy bread, toasted
1/4 California avocado
- In a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add the asparagus pieces and corn. SautÃ© for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet, place in a bowl and mix with parsley.
- Using a fork, whisk the eggs with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the skillet and add half of the egg mixture. Cook for approximately 3 minutes until the eggs are nearly set.
- Cover the half of the nearly set eggs with half of the vegetable mixture and half of the Parmesan cheese. Fold over to enclose, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Repeat the previous two steps with the remaining eggs and vegetable mixture.
- Spread the avocado onto each piece of toast and serve with the omelet.
Copyright © 2011 Natural Standard (www.naturalstandard.com)
Commercial distribution prohibited.