Rich, creamy, gooey and melty, this recipe is everything you look for in a tasty fondue—without the cheese.
This hot, drippy dip comes together in less than 10 minutes and tastes so incredibly cheesy that you’ll forget its main ingredients are cashews and turmeric. Using a blender, you’ll combine savory fixings such as jalapeño peppers and sun-dried tomatoes to make a salty sauce for dipping.
Prep a platter of dippers such as roasted veggies skewers, cherry tomatoes, apples, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, steamed potatoes, grapes, grilled tempeh bites, crusty French bread and more. For extra-fancy fondue, add in bits of sun-dried tomato, parsley and hot peppers to pump up the flavor.
Serves 12 or more as appetizer
2 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3-6 hours or overnight
1-1/3 cup water
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 clove garlic, crushed
- Drain soaked cashew nuts and shake off excess water.
- In blender, combine nuts, 1 cup water, wine nutritional yeast, turmeric, nutmeg and salt until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- In small bowl, mix together tapioca flour and remaining water. Pour into cashew mixture and whisk.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 3-4 more minutes, whisking until mixture is thick and gooey. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour fondue into fondue pot to keep warm and serve with an assortment of dippers.
Additional cooking tips: For thinner “cheeze” add more water as needed. The longer the “cheeze” cooks, the thicker it becomes.