Frontier Co-Op Nutmeg Whole Description
Frontier Co-Op is a Member-Owned Co-Op. Responsible to People and Planet.
You can feel good about the superior flavor of Frontier Co-op seasonings. Frontier looks to growers who share their commitment to quality, sustainability, and ethical trade.
*ETO (ethylene oxide) is a sterilization chemical commonly used in the spice industry, but never by Frontier Co-op.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Wake up Christmas morning to a delectable holiday treat. This gingerbread waffle recipe combines the flavors of your favorite holiday cookie with the chewy yet oh-so-fluffy texture of a homemade waffle. Pumpkin puree lends this recipe a subtle sweetness and scrumptious consistency, while freshly grated nutmeg, spicy ginger and warming cinnamon come together to make each forkful taste like the holidays. It can be made vegan and gluten-free, too. Drizzle them with syrup or sprinkle them with powdered sugar and you’ve got Winter Wonderland on a plate.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free alternative
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-1/4 cups oat milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan butter (melted)
Optional toppings: persimmon, blueberries, maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar until combined. Stir in pumpkin, milk, molasses and melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined but not overmixed.
- Brush waffle iron with melted butter and pour in ¼-cup waffle mixture.
- Serve warm with toppings of choice.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.