Carrot Cake Waffles with Creamy Maple Drizzle
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice, (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 Tbsp. plant-based butter, (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 2 Tbsp. filtered water, (prepared)
- 1 cup grated carrots
Creamy maple drizzle
- 5 oz. dairy-free cream “cheese”
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. oat milk
- Preheat waffle iron according to machine directions.
- In small bowl, mix all drizzle ingredients to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, mix brown sugar, vanilla, oat milk, butter and prepared egg replacer. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until well combined.
- If using non-stick waffle iron, spoon in around 2 cups batter to fill lower grid. Note: If your waffle iron isn’t non-stick, coat with cooking spray. If using single waffle maker, start with 1/2 cup batter to evenly distribute up to the edges.
- Cook around 4 to 7 minutes (or until waffle iron beeps). Transfer waffles to plate and drizzle with cream “cheese.”