Serve up some comfort, family-style, with this chicken pasta bake. Unlike other carb-loaded casseroles, this version packs in better-for-you ingredients, so you can partake without regret. You’ll use organic, gluten-free chickpea-based pasta for extra protein, fiber and iron with fewer carbs and fat. Plus, a cup of shredded zucchini is added into the mix for good measure. Gather your loved ones and dig in!
3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
12 oz. (1-½ pkgs.) chickpea pasta
25.5 oz. tomato basil sauce
1 can coconut milk
1 cup finely shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded mozzarella (vegan, if desired)
Shredded basil, optional, to top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, drain and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine pasta sauce, coconut milk and shredded zucchini.
- In baking pan, add chicken and pasta. Pour pasta sauce mixture over top and stir to combine. Top with shredded mozzarella and basil, if using.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool before serving.