Dinner’s over, but you’re eager to clean the dishes. Why? Because you get to sneak in a couple extra bites of rich, creamy chicken penne. Everyone fought against finishing off the remnants, because they “couldn’t possibly eat another forkful” or were “saving room for dessert.” You let the excuses fly, knowing you’d be ready to polish off the pasta when it was time to clean up. Of course, you could just make the recipe yourself…
Roasted Veggie Penne Pasta with Chicken
Makes 8 servings
Macros per serving: 422 calories | 23.9 g protein | 52.1 g carbs | 12.8 g fat | 3.9 g sugar | 4.3 g fiber
1 lb. Vitacost Brown Rice Penne Pasta
2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips
1 zucchini, cubed
1 onion, peeled and sliced into strips
¼ cup Sonoma Canyon Tuscan Herb Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. dried, salt-free Italian seasoning
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded*
4 cups chopped spinach
1 can (28.2 oz) Vitacost Certified Organic Diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
2 (6 oz) packages ready-to-eat artichoke hearts
1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and coat a 9” x 13” baking dish with olive oil or non-stick cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together peppers, zucchini, onion, olive oil and seasoning. Place mixture on a baking sheet and roast for about 16 minutes. Once done, spoon veggies back into bowl.
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions – about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Spoon pasta into bowl with roasted vegetables. Add chicken, spinach, tomatoes, artichokes and ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Gently stir until well combined.
- Scoop pasta into prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 – 22 minutes, or until top is golden brown and cheese has melted.