You have go-to meals for hectic weeknights. They most often include takeout or an all-in-one, heat-and-serve dish—anything you can get on the table quickly. Here’s a healthier option to add to your rotation that won’t eat up your evening. The prep is simple: sautée veggies and toss into gluten-free, chickpea-based fusilli noodles with pesto sauce. This save-the-day meal is ready in less than 30 minutes.
1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Chickpea Fusilli
1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
1 yellow or brown onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2–3 cups broccoli florets and stems (about 1/2 head)
1 cup fresh green beans
1 zucchini, cut into medium slices
1 jar (6.35 oz) basil pesto
Cracked black pepper, to taste
Redmond Real Salt, to taste
Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat, heat coconut oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Add broccoli, green beans and zucchini. Stir frequently and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Add pasta to pan, pour over pesto and cook for a couple of minutes while combining.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with fresh cilantro.