It’s always a good time to eat chocolate. So why not start early – like as soon as you wake up? Surely chocolate can be considered a healthy breakfast when it’s paired up with coconut. You might be thinking that sounds an awful lot like a popular candy bar combo. And you’re right. But you can get that same sweet flavor in a protein-rich morning muffin. This recipe proves it.
Chocolate Candy Bar Protein Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
Macros per muffin: 126 calories | 6.5 g protein | 12.8 g carbs | 6 g fat | 3.6 g sugar | 1.9 g fiber
3 egg whites
¼ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
2 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2/3 cup oat flour
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place 6 silicon muffin liners on a sheet pan (or prepare a muffin pan with paper liners).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, almond milk and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, evenly dividing among 6 cups.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Top with sugar-free chocolate syrup and more coconut flakes for an extra-sweet treat.