Did you accidentally grab the crunchy peanut butter? Now you fear your household will throw a coup d’etat, but it doesn’t have to come to that. Though crunchy style may not be everyone’s favorite, you can certainly turn it into one. Simply mix the savory spread with a few extra ingredients to bulk it up, pour a heavy coating of dark chocolate on top and serve the people a treat they didn’t even know they wanted. Without a doubt, your reign will remain fully intact. Whew – dodged that one!
Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Bars
gluten-free * no baking * can be made vegan
Peanut butter bars
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, peanut butter, coconut oil and honey until well combined.
- Pour peanut butter batter into prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, microwave topping ingredients until melted, about 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter and place pan in freezer to set.
- Once solidified, slice into even squares and eat immediately. Keep any uneaten bars in the freezer.