Peanut butter and jelly are usually enjoyed in a sandwich. While there’s nothing wrong with the lunchtime favorite, we think it’s time to turn this savory staple into a delicious dessert. Start by combining cacao, peanut butter and maple syrup to create a base and coating. You’ll layer in peanut butter and jelly and top it off with the chocolaty topping. In the end, you may just end up finding a new favorite to devour any time of the day.
Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake
Makes 16 slices
1 cup cacao butter
4 Tbsp. cacao powder
4 Tbsp. maple syrup
½ cup Vitacost Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
14 oz. Vitacost Peanut Butter
14 oz. organic jam
- In a small pan over low heat, melt cacao butter.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with cacao powder, maple syrup, ½ cup peanut butter and coconut oil. Mix until fully combined.
- With extra coconut oil, grease a baking pan or pie plate or line with non-stick paper. Pour half of the cacao mixture into plate and smooth top. Set aside other half for the top. Place pie plate in the freezer to harden, about 15 minutes.
- Once crust is set, remove plate from freezer. Layer peanut butter filling on top of the chocolate later and then top with a layer of jam. Pour remaining half of cacao mixture over the top.
- Set plate in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.