The air is crisp and leaves are falling. Those precious autumn days float by with ease, as a sweet homemade bread bakes in the oven. You reminisce of afternoons spent in Grandma’s kitchen when suddenly the timer buzzes. It’s time to treat your senses to the comforting aromas of coconut, banana and roasted hazelnuts. Nothing welcomes fall better than a hearty loaf as warm, sweet and satisfying as this one!
Macros per serving: 132 calories | 4 g fat | 24 g carbs | 5 g fiber | 3 g protein | 11 g sugar
1-½ cups spelt flour
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup medium-shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup stevia
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
½ cup egg substitute
1-¼ cup mashed ripe bananas
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and coconut flakes. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together milk, egg substitute, banana, applesauce and extract until combined.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and combine thoroughly. Fold in hazelnuts until fully incorporated.
- Cool on a wire rack and store at room temperature. Slice when ready to eat.