Potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw—picnic and BBQ side dishes, as tasty as they are piled beside a grilled burger, usually aren’t unique. The next time you’re gearing up for an outdoor gathering, toss together this twisty noodle creation with crunchy veggies and a sesame seed-speckled homemade Asian dressing. With gluten-free brown rice spaghetti and cubed tofu for added protein, that plain-old patty on a bun may not even make it on your plate!
Cold Brown Rice Noodle Sesame Salad
½ lb. brown rice spaghetti
1 (7-oz.) pkg. smoked tofu, cubed
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
½ head broccoli, cut into florets (julienne stems)
3 baby cucumbers, julienned
2 medium-sized carrots, grated
½ cup frozen shelled edamame (defrosted)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli during last minute of cooking. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine all pasta ingredients.
- For dressing, in small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Chill salad in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate and bring out flavors.
(Note: Salad can be kept refrigerated for up to three days.)