Grandma’s dill potato salad doesn’t have to be dull. Elevate your sectioned party plate by adding an African superfood to the mix. Baobab fruit uses its rich profile of nutrients – fiber, vitamin C and calcium – to boost that BBQ favorite. But don’t stop there. Salty bacon and sweet shallots add the contrast you need to those creamy golden potatoes. With so much flavor in one bowl, your dish is an event in and of itself.
2 lbs. baby golden potatoes
8 slices bacon
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. MRM Organic Baobab Powder
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 large shallot, peeled & diced
2 Tbsp. chopped dill
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add potatoes and cook 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain potatoes and let cool a few minutes. Once cool, cut into quarters.
3. In a skillet of medium heat, add bacon and cook until browned. Remove and let cool. Chop cooked bacon into pieces.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add mayonnaise and baobab powder. Mix well.
5. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings, as needed.
6. Serve immediately or store in fridge to serve cold.