Time to unveil the barbecue for grilling season! If the residue on your outdoor grill grate makes your skin crawl, try this baking soda-based cleaner to scrub the gunk away. This simple, five-step process quickly removes build-up and leaves your grill grate impressively spotless. Before cleaning, lay a sheet of plastic or an old towel under the grate to catch any drips. Have fun!
You’ll also need…
- In mixing bowl, gently mix soap, baking soda and vinegar until wet, frothy paste forms.
- Using brush, paint surfaces of grill grate with paste. (Avoid heating elements if using on gas grill.) Close grill lid and let set 8 to 12 hours. Note: DO NOT turn grill on.
- Using grill brush, scrub the softened grill deposits loose.
- Using damp sponge and warm water, wipe the grates clean of any residue.
- Season cleaned grates with a neutral-flavored vegetable oil.