Sure, your local Chinese restaurant has great-tasting soup, but unfortunately you don’t have insight into their ingredients (and who knows how much MSG they use to get that flavor). Luckily, you can make your own with this simple recipe featuring fresh, whole foods – no hidden additives! So wholesome and easy to prepare, this egg drop soup will make you think twice before ordering take-out again.
4 cups broth (your choice)
2 cups cooked veggies (your choice), chopped
2 raw eggs, slightly beaten
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lemon, zested then cut into wedges
Coconut aminos, to taste
- In soup pot, bring broth to simmer, then add veggies.
- In small bowl, slightly beat eggs, then stir in a small amount of hot broth.
- Pour egg mixture into soup pot slowly, stirring constantly.
- Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour soup into bowls. Top with scallion, cilantro and lemon zest. Add coconut aminos, to taste, and garnish with lemon wedge.