“Pass the greens, please,” said no kid ever. As a parent, you know what you have to do to get those growing bodies to eat more greens – hide them. Except this time, you don’t have to chop up cauliflower or bake with bananas to sneak in a serving. Simply add a scoop of superfood powder to these homemade fruit leather snacks. They’ll get a healthy helping of beta carotene, B vitamins, vitamin C and antioxidants, galore. No need to pass the veggies, now – just unroll them.
2 cups fresh berries
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 scoop Amazing Grass Kids SuperFood Wild Berry
1 tsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees F, or the lowest it will go. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or high-speed blender, add fresh fruit and blend until smooth.
3. Add lemon juice and superfood powder. Blend again until well combined.
4. Spoon in honey and pulse to combine.
5. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, using a spatula to evenly distribute.
6. Bake 6-8 hours, or until fruit is slightly tacky. Note: Be careful placing the baking sheet in the oven, as the mixture may shift.
7. Let fruit leather cool completely before peeling it off the baking sheet.
8. Cut into strips and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.