You’re still eating pumpkin muffins for breakfast, and soon you’ll be sipping peppermint-flavored beverages and munching on minty brownies and cookies. But the next time you need a holiday pick-me-up, dish up this healthy, protein-packed dessert, featuring an under-the-radar festive staple. This Gingerbread Protein Crumb Cake, drizzled with elegant white chocolate and ginger icing, comes in at only 212 calories a slice. Eat up and be merry!
Gingerbread Protein Crumb Cake
Macros per serving: 212 calories | 13 g net carbs | 11.5 g protein
1 scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Flour
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 jumbo egg
½ cup Silk Cashew Milk
¼ cup Nutiva Coconut Manna, softened
¼ cup coconut nectar
1-½ tsp. Nutiva Coconut Flour
½ – 1 tsp. ginger, as desired
2 Tbsp. Silk Cashew Milk
1-½ Tbsp. Sunspire White Chocolate Chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 6-inch Springform pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together Coconut Manna and egg until fully combined.
- Stir in protein powder, coconut flour, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, milk, coconut nectar and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and top with toppings. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove and let cool before frosting.
- In a small bowl, combine all icing ingredients and mix until combined and smooth. Transfer icing to pastry bag. (If you don’t have one, use a plastic bag with one of the corners cut off). Drizzle icing over cooled cake.