Looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe that incorporates all the holiday flavors you love? Try these crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside sweet treats. Cranberry, cinnamon and ginger provide sweet and spicy seasonal tastes, and cassava flour subs in for traditional flour to transform these into gluten-free holiday cookies. Don’t forget to save a few for Santa!
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. cassava flour
3/4 cup Lakanto MonkFruit sweetener
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- In stand mixer or food processor with S blade, cream together sweetener and coconut oil. Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
- In small bowl, combine cassava flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of this mixture at a time to sweetener-oil mixture, blending each time more is added.
- Mix in dried cranberries and crystallized ginger and refrigerate batter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough into 24 small balls, place 12 on each baking sheet and flatten dough balls gently with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on bottom. Let cool fully before serving.