Whether they’re picked up from a drive-through or popped from a box and baked, ready-to-eat chicken nuggets are a lunch or dinner kids (and busy parents!) love. If only they didn’t come pumped with preservatives and so processed that you wonder if they’re actually made of chicken at all. Stop questioning and start cooking your own crispy-tender bites. Not only is this recipe quicker to make than a wait in the fast-food line on a busy night, they’re gluten free and full of flavor, thanks to a clever tigernut flour coating and a simple sauté in coconut oil.
Homemade Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, tigernut flour, salt and turmeric.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, crack eggs and whisk.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then flour mixture, coating well.
- In a medium sized frying pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- When oil is heated, add chicken pieces. Cook chicken till golden brown on one side, then turn over and cook other side. Remove chicken from pan; place on paper towel-covered plate, which will help absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.