Some occasions call for fancy desserts. Cookies and cupcakes are fine for casual occasions, but sometimes your dinner menu needs a dessert that’s a touch more elegant and glamorous. This gluten-free, gingerbread Bundt cake, drizzled in maple-orange glaze, fits the bill. But, unlike other gourmet dishes, creating this cake is as easy as pie! Add it to your next feast!
2 cups Vitacost Gluten-Free Multi-Blend Flour
1/2 tsp. pink salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp. Neat Foods Neat Egg vegan substitute
2 Tbsp. ground flax
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. orange zest
1-2 Tbsp. juice from an orange
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease Bundt cake pan with coconut oil spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Pour into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cake should be golden brown when it’s done.
- Meanwhile, prepare icing. In a small bowl, whisk together glaze ingredients and sweeten to taste. (For thinner consistency, add more orange juice.)
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, place cake on decorate platter and pour glaze over top.