There’s no sweeter way to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, than with this gluten-free honey cake. Made with almond flour, a gluten-free alternative to traditional wheat-based flours, it’s not only OK for everyone to enjoy, it’s infused with natural, nutty flavor. Before serving, drizzle on extra honey and sprinkle with lightly toasted almonds — yum! Thinly sliced apples also make a nice finishing touch.
Gluten-Free Honey-Almond Cake
Serves 4 to 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat 4 egg yolks with honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt (I hand-beat with a whisk). Add almond flour by gently turning in until all ingredients are combined.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl using a handheld mixer until doubled (about 1-2 minutes–peaks not needed). Fold egg whites into cake mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased Springform pan (9″ works great), with parchment in bottom. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with honey and sprinkle almonds and a little salt on top. If desired, add very thinly sliced apples, more honey and more almonds.
Happy New Year!