You could double up on the chocolate when baking brownies. You could also add nuts for crunch. But to really get guests drooling at a dessert table, serve triple chocolate brownies topped with pecans. Gluten-, dairy- and egg-free, these luscious, fudgy brownies are packed with chocolate chips and cacao nibs for the ultimate chocolate lover’s dessert.
1 box Vitacost Gluten-Free Mouth-Watering Brownie Mix
3 Tbsp. ground chia seeds
9 Tbsp. water (1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp.)
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
1/4 cup organic applesauce
1/4 cup organic cacao nibs
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
36 roasted pecan halves
1 Tbsp. tapioca flour, for greasing
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 glass baking pan with coconut oil and dust with tapioca flour.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and water to make chia “egg.” Set aside for 5 minutes to congeal.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, coconut oil, applesauce and chia “eggs.” Stir in cacao nibs and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Top with pecans halves, spaced in rows.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is crusty but the middle is still fudgy.
- Slice into 16 squares and serve with coconut milk ice cream.