Going to a BBQ? You’re probably expecting pulled pork, baked beans and homemade cornbread. It may surprise you, then, when you see a plate of shrimp kebabs. At this Hawaiian-style cookout, the focus is on light, island flavors. You’ll be wooed by well-cooked shellfish, tropical fruit and vibrant seasonings, such as parsley and lemon. The only traditional element is the low-FODMAP marinade. So you can call it a BBQ, or you can more aptly think of it like a luau. One way or another, you’re going to call it dinner.
24 large shrimp (about 3/4 lb.), peeled and deveined
24 small chunks fresh pineapple
2/3 cup FODY Traditional BBQ Sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. FODY Hot BBQ Spice Blend
1/2 lemon, sliced
- Lightly brush a grill rack with oil and bring to a level of medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp and BBQ sauce. Stir to completely coat shrimp.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, alternating with pineapple pieces. Depending on the size of your skewers, each one should have three shrimp and three pieces of pineapple.
- Sprinkle BBQ spice blend over shrimp-pineapple kebabs, making sure to evenly distribute.
- Place kebabs on heated grill, cover with grill lid and cook about 6 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Turn once.
- Serve kebabs with lemon slices and a sprinkle of parsley.