The meal is over and you’re completely stuffed. Of course, you could probably squeeze in something sweet if you wanted – and if it was worth it. Sure enough, these truffles are just the right treat. The double-chocolate flavor and creamy fudge feel is everything you could dream of in a rich dessert. But it’s the natural protein powder and whole grain groats that make this indulgence an easy choice. No matter how full you are, there’s always room for a chocolate protein truffle.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add all ingredients except buckwheat groats. Blend until smooth and a doughy consistency forms.
- Transfer dough to a large mixing bowl.
- Add buckwheat groats and stir until well combined.
- Using about a spoonful of dough, roll into truffle balls.
- Coat truffles in coconut chips, chia seeds, hemp hearts or more cocoa powder, if desired.
Note: Sub whey protein for plant-based Designer Protein Organic Pro 30 in Chocolate, but reduce to 2/3 scoop.