Some people on your holiday gift list are hard to shop for. What do you give your child’s coaches, your neighbors or the girls in the office? Stop fretting and make them these gift jars! You’ll layer healthy baking essentials into two glass jars—one 10-cup jar and one 2-cup jar—attach directions and voila! Gift-giving made easy! Plus, your friends and family will just love these ooey-gooey caramel & chocolate chip bars—even if they stick to vegan or gluten-free diets.
Recipe courtesy of Sarena Shasteen
Ingredients for 10-cup jar
2-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Quick Cooking Oats
1-1/2 cups light or dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1-12 oz. bag dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for 2-cup jar
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
16 oz. caramel sauce
Wet ingredient for baking
1-1/2 cups cold dairy-free butter (such as Earth Balance)
Directions for baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half into prepared baking pan. (Reserve other half for topping.) Bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel mixture over baked crumble, leaving some space along the edges. Top caramel with remaining half of crumble.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 hours on a wire rack before slicing.
Directions for assembly
- Add dry ingredients to 10-cup jar in this order: flour, baking soda, salt, oats, brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- For the small, 2-cup jar, combine ingredients in a small bowl then transfer to jar.
- Attach a small note to the jar with baking instructions and the extra wet ingredient needed for baking.