Your day has barely just begun, and you’re already behind schedule. You probably have a house-full of reasons for the delay, but breakfast isn’t one of them. With these banana pancakes, you can finally get ahead. After a few minutes in the toaster or 30 seconds in the microwave, you have a good-as-fresh stack of flapjacks you can carry out the door. Thanks to a scoop of nut-free trail mix stirred into the batter, they don’t even need syrup on top. Their satisfying crunch and slightly sweet flavor are completely on point – more than you can say about anything else today.
Makes about 24 pancakes
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Flaxseed + 3 Tbsp. water)
1-1/4 cups dairy-free milk
3 Tbsp. flavorless oil, plus 1 Tbsp.
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Maple Syrup
1-1/2 cups Vitacost Organic Quinoa Flour
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Mix
2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Beach Bash Seed & Fruit Mix
- In a small bowl, mix flax egg with milk, oil, mashed banana and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix quinoa flour, flour mix, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt and seed & fruit mix.
- Preheat griddle or nonstick pan. Lightly brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Scoop out about 1/4-cup batter, pour onto heated griddle and cook until bubbles form and edges look slightly dry. Flip and cook another 30-60 seconds, or until pancakes is fully cooked. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Let pancakes cool slightly before eating. Store in a re-sealable container for up to 5 days.
To reheat: place pancakes in toaster on low for 1 cycle, warm in microwave for 30-60 seconds or heat in a preheated oven for 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees F.