You’ve been baking up a storm and many masterpieces have come out of your kitchen. (Hello, Gingerbread Cookies and Pumpkin Pecan Pie.) But, it’s OK to give your oven a break every now and then, and you can do so without spoiling your culinary streak. Simply turn to this easy, no-bake apple pie recipe for your next treat. A wholesome, homemade crust rivals the ever-so-popular store-bought options, and that sweet apple filling just can’t be beat.
6 apples, peeled and cored
3/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- Prepare crust. In a food processor, pulse walnuts until they have become a fine meal. Leave a few chunks to give crust a nice, crunchy texture.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground walnuts with remaining crust ingredients and mix until moist and moldable.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with crust mixture, evenly pressing it down on the bottom and up around the sides. It should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Prepare filling. In a food processor, combine ingredients and process until mostly smooth. If desired, leave apples slightly chunky.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Serve immediately or let pie set and harden in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Add a scoop of vegan ice cream (for a plain flavor, use the one from these ice cream sandwiches) and granola, if desired.