Is there anything you can’t do with an avocado? You can make guacamole and dip veggies into it, add it to a smoothie, spread it on toast and use it to make dense, fudgy desserts. Here, mashed avocado replaces mayonnaise as the creamy ingredient in this vegan potato salad. Avocado acts as the perfect substitute – it’s loaded with healthy fats and won’t weigh you down the way mayo might. Bring this dish along to share at your next picnic, cookout or block party.
No-Mayo Potato Salad (Vegan)
10 organic gold potatoes (small in size), rinsed
1/2 tsp. salt (for boiling potatoes)
1 whole avocado
1/2 small lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp. fresh chives, minced
1/4 tsp. pink salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In large pot with cold water, add potatoes and half teaspoon salt. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes. Rinse with cold water to cool.
- Once cooled, cut each potato in half. Cut each half into quarters. (You’ll get 8 bite-size pieces per potato.)
- In large bowl, mash avocado and combine with lemon juice, chives, pink salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes and mix until potatoes are fully coated.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
Hungry for more? Check out these other vegan favorites:
- BBQ Cauliflower Wings with Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Broccoli & Tofu Pho
- The Ultimate Vegan Grilling Guide
Browse our selection of vegan foods.