We’ve raised the bar–there’s just no topping these moist and chewy nutty pumpkin squares! Not cookies, not quite cake, they’re a satisfying grab-and-go snack or healthy dessert, packed with organic pumpkin, naturally sweet dates and crunchy almonds. Use gluten-free baking mix instead of flour for a healthy treat everyone can enjoy!
1 cup gluten-free baking mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup canned (or fresh) pumpkin
1/4 cup dates, chopped and soaked in ¼ cup of warm water (to make a paste)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup unsalted almonds (slivered, dry roasted or toasted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Pour mixture into greased 9″x13″ baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.