Nuggets, bites, balls, sticks–food in “finger” form is always more fun to eat! Make a healthier version of a classic dip-able favorite with this simple recipe. Rather than battering and deep frying ordinary white fish, omega-3-rich salmon pieces are lightly breaded and baked for the perfect tender-inside, crunchy-outside finish.
Oat-Breaded Salmon Sticks
3 lbs. salmon
1/2 cup organic oat flour (or 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oats, ground)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
Marinara sauce, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove skin from salmon; cut salmon into strips and set aside.
3. In a shallow bowl or dish, whisk eggs. In a separate shallow bowl or dish, combine remaining ingredients (except marinara sauce).
4. Dip salmon strips in egg, then oat flour mixture, turning until all sides of strip are coated.
5. Place strips on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
6. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.