Get ‘em while they’re hot! A basket of fries never lasts long in front of a crowd. You don’t even have to be hungry to munch on the slightly salted, oh-so-snackable comfort food. Fries seem to just jump in your mouth. So if you’re going to make like a robot with that automatic mechanical arm, at least feel good about it. These baked zucchini spears are equally crisp on the outside, soft and warm on the inside and seasoned with the right touch of salt. You’ll be too busy chowing down to miss the plain ole potato version.
Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the zucchini and cut each into 8 spears.
- In a small bowl, mix together the basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and olive oil.
- Place the spears on the baking sheet and brush each with the spice mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve right away!