Nothing says summer quite like cherries. Plump, juicy and as sweet as the slow, lazy days of this spectacular season, these little globes of good-for-you nutrition are perfect popped in your mouth as is—but no one will object if you snag the bowl and use them to make an irresistible (yet healthy) dessert! Skip the butter, sugar and white flour and bake a mini pie with Paleo-friendly ingredients such as coconut oil, raw honey and almond meal for a slice of sweetness that won’t stain your fingers!
Paleo Mini Cherry Pies
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 cups pitted and quartered cherries
1 cup organic raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, combine filling ingredients and mix well. Bake filling for 20 minutes.
- Spray a muffin tin or mini pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine crust ingredients, adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time until just crumbly. Press crust into muffin tins or pie plates.
- Spoon filling over crust.
- Bake mini pies for 15 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- Let cool; remove from muffins tins or pie plates.