Halloween isn’t just for humans! Whether they’re enjoying an evening stroll with the trick-or-treaters or sporting adorable costumes of their own, dogs and cats are getting in on the fun. While it’s fine to share these traditions with your furry friends, one thing you should not share is your candy.
Chocolate, raisins and certain nuts can be toxic, even deadly to pets. Which, unfortunately, doesn’t make them any less interested in noshing on them! We recommend keeping all of your loot far away from your four-legged friends, and instead offering them one of these pet-safe treats instead:
- Grapes and raisins
- Flea pesticides containing permethrin””try a dog-safe product like Natural Chemistry Flea and Tick Spray instead
- Macadamia nuts
- Prescription drugs that treat heart problems and depression in humans
- Tylenol and other drugs that contain acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory drugs
- Pennies produced after 1983.
- Rodent control chemicals such as D-Con, Rodex, and WARF 42″”stick with pet-safe, water-based Orange Guard Home Pest Control instead
- Bleach and other disinfectants””Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes are a safer alternative
- Many household plants
- Lead-based products