I’ve a feeling we’re not in grandma’s kitchen anymore. Gram’s chocolate chip cookies can’t be beat, but these days you’re hooked on more complex flavors. Pumpkin, coconut oil and garbanzo flour (oh my!) replace conventional ingredients in this vegan and gluten-free recipe, and they add a boost of nutrients and savory sweetness to the classic. Luckily, you don’t have to look over the rainbow to find cookies this good!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1-½ cups Vitacost Garbanzo Flour
½ tsp. pink salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup coconut oil
¾ cup organic turbinado sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
½ cup chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, water and vinegar. Mix into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chunks or chips.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges have browned.