Pizza? Healthy? You scoff, while visions of greasy cardboard boxes and triple-stuffed crust come to mind. Those delivery digits were deleted from your contacts long ago. And the processed sodium-loaded frozen monstrosities? Forget it. But what if the ultimate junk food lost some of the junk? Take a gluten-free crust and infuse it with nutritious pumpkin seed oil. Slather on an elegant Tuscany pumpkin sauce. Skip the cheese, load on the veggies and top it all off with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds. It’s no trick. This pie is the ultimate autumn treat—and a new reason to fall in love with an old favorite all over again.
Vegan Pumpkin Pizza
1 pkg. gluten-free pizza crust mix
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1-½ cups water
2 flax eggs
1 Tbsp. pumpkin seed oil
Dash ground ginger
Sprinkle dried thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup Cucina Antica Pasta Sauce Tuscany Pumpkin
½ tomato, sliced
1 jar artichoke hearts, diced
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
½ red pepper, sliced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
1. Create dough according to package directions, using olive oil, water and flax eggs.
2. Divide dough into two large balls and place in a covered bowl for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
4. Roll out half of the dough onto a pizza stone.
5. Coat dough with pumpkin seed oil, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, thyme, salt and pepper.
6. Bake crust for 9 minutes.
7. Remove crust from the oven, spread on sauce and evenly arrange toppings (except for pumpkin seeds and basil) on top.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, adding basil and pumpkin seeds after 10 minutes, when almost finished baking.