What’s your dessert personality? Are you a comfort seeker, caving to classic chocolate chip cookies whenever cravings strike? Maybe simple’s your thing: vanilla pudding, a fruit parfait or slice of pound cake. Perhaps rich is always right for you, with double dark chocolate cheesecake and extra-fudgy brownies constantly calling your name. We don’t have a clever quiz that reveals what you’ll tote home from the bakery the next time you go. But we’re pretty sure this recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth, no matter what your type (clean eaters, dairy ditchers and sugar avoiders included!).
Raw Chocolate Ice Cream
1-1/2 cups cacao powder
1 cup coconut nectar
4 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. ground vanilla bean
¼ cup cacao butter, melted
2 cups cashews (measured after soaking overnight)
1-¼ cups coconut milk
6 Tbsp. coconut oil
½ tsp. sea salt
2 raw dark chocolate bars (3.5 oz.), chopped
- In heat-safe bowl over simmering water, melt cacao butter (do not let boil).
- In another bowl, combine cacao, coconut nectar, honey and vanilla and mix well. Slowly pour in melted cacao butter while stirring.
- Using same method as step 1, melt coconut oil.
- In blender or food processor, combine soaked cashews and coconut milk and process until smooth.
- Add cacao mixture to blender or food processor, along with sea salt. Once mixture is incorporated, slowly drizzle in coconut oil and process on low speed until combined.
- Add mixture to ice cream machine and let churn until set.
- Stir in chopped dark chocolate bar and transfer mixture to freezer-safe container. Freeze ice cream until ready to eat.