Every house has their traditions. These are what you hold onto year after year, regardless of how much your family grows or how little you may see each other. Nestled between all the family dynamics, you all still look forward to the simple things that never change. And because food is usually right up there with game night and wild birthday hats, this home-style organic hummus recipe fits right in. For one, it features all the original ingredients. Plus, the dip is so smooth and creamy it pairs with a variety of finger foods – from classic pita chips to the more adventurous apple slices. If there’s any way to please everyone, it’s with tradition. Keep it alive, won’t you?
1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic® Garbanzo Beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. fresh organic parsley, chopped
Juice of 1/2 organic lemon
Pinch of Simple Truth Organic® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- Pour garbanzo beans into a food processor.
- Add salt, parsley and lemon juice. Blend together on low or medium speed.
- While blending, pour olive oil through the food processor’s spout to help the beans blend smoothly.
- Occasionally, stop processor and use a spatula to scrapes sides, so all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Spoon into a small bowl or food storage container, and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Your hummus needs a hand getting to your mouth. Scoop it up with fresh veggies, tortilla chips or one of these out-of-the-box snack options:
|Simple Truth Vegetable Chips||Stacy’s Fire Roasted Jalapeno Pita Chips||Simple Truth Organic Wheat Crackers||Bare Baked Crunchy Granny Smith Apple Chips||Flamous Organic Original Falafel Chips|