Cobbler, crumble or crisp—whatever you call it, this dessert is a summer hit! Traditionally baked with a base of fresh berries topped by bits of buttery crust, this version calls for a few swap outs — including crushed cereal and chopped seeds in place of ordinary flour — to make it gluten free. Not only can anyone enjoy it, it can be enjoyed any time. No need to wait until after dinner!
Single-Serve Summer Berry Crisps (Gluten Free)
Recipe courtesy of Enjoy Life Foods
18 oz. mixed berries (such as: 1-1/2 cups blueberries + 1-1/2 cups chopped strawberries)
1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; arrange 4, 1-cup ramekins on top.
- In a large bowl, combine all topping ingredients and mix together with a pastry blender, fork or your hands. Mix until shortening is evenly combined and mixture feels sandy.
- In another bowl, combine all filling ingredients and toss until berries are evenly coated with sugar.
- Pour berry mixture evenly into ramekins and top with ¼ cup of topping. (Tip: If you have extra topping, seal in a plastic bag and freezer. It will stay good for a few months!)
- Bake berry crisps for 30 to 35 minutes until berry juices are bubbling and crisp is lightly browned on top. Cool 10 minutes and serve warm.