A smear and a bite, a smear and a bite. Isn’t that how everyone eats peanut butter and banana? With a knife in one hand and a piece of fruit in the other, you scoop and swipe until the peel runs out…or the jar (whichever comes first). While there’s nothing wrong with that, a few extra ingredients can easily turn your favorite snack-time fare into soft-batch cookies.
Peanut Butter & Banana Soft-Batch Cookies
Makes 14 cookies
Macros per cookie (without chocolate chips):
65 calories | 4 g protein | 4 g carbs | 0.8 g fat | 0.8 g sugar | 3.1 g fiber
3 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter (I used creamy)
3 Tbsp. ripe banana, mashed
2 egg whites
¼ cup almond flour
1/3 cup oat flour
1 scoop Giant Sports Banana Shake Protein Powder
3 Tbsp. xylitol
Mini chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, banana and egg whites until smooth.
- Add flours, protein powder and xylitol, stirring until well combined.
- Using a spoon or small ice cream scoop, drop about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet. Batter should make about 14 cookies.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired, and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes.
Snack time, served!