With spring just a few weeks away, we can’t help but reveal our favorite seasonal recipes a little early! This year’s salad of spring is a chilled blend of lightly cooked veggies, fruit and couscous topped with crumbled feta. Drizzled with a sweet citrus dressing, this bowl is the perfect way to introduce the warmer months ahead. Make it a meal by pairing it with a refreshing, vibrant spring green veggie soup.
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
10-15 strawberries, halved
1 cup couscous
1/2 cup green peas
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Crumbled feta cheese, to sprinkle on top
Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare couscous according to instructions on package. Set aside.
- In pan, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Add garlic, asparagus, salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until asparagus gets slightly cooked but remains crunchy. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients for citrus vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, combine cooked couscous with asparagus, peas and sliced strawberries.
- Add prepared vinaigrette and toss to combine. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top. Serve cold.