Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. Everyone knows these three ingredients as one complete meal – the Holy Trinity of lunches. So if you can’t break them up, join them! Introduce the smoky bacon, crisp lettuce and juicy tomato to the creamy chicken salad. And because bread is an unnecessary evil, ditch it for avocado cups. The ever-popular fruit will runneth over when you stuff it with BLT chicken salad. Whether you follow a paleo diet, the Whole30 or just love a lighter lunch, this is a match made in heaven.
3 large avocados, halved & pitted
1-1/2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
15 (or more) cherry tomatoes, quartered
5 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
6 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
1/4 cup greens, chopped
25 Vitacost Dry-Roasted Unsalted Pistachios, shelled & chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
Sliced green onion for garnish (optional)
1. Reserve a small portion of tomatoes, bacon, greens and pistachios to dress on top.
2. Slice avocados in half, lengthwise. Remove the seed and discard.
3. In a large bowl, add chicken, mayonnaise, tomatoes, bacon, greens, pistachios, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
4. Scoop a generous amount of chicken salad into each avocado half.
5. Top with remaining tomatoes, bacon, greens and pistachios.
6. Serve immediately.