What’s better than baked sweet potatoes? Sweet potatoes whipped up with delicious maple syrup and yummy spices — that’s what! Even a non-sweet potato lover will enjoy this dish. Top it with cinnamon marshmallows, and you’ve got a home run for your Thanksgiving table.
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. pink salt
2 lbs. sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
2 bags (4.5 oz each) cinnamon marshmallows*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour, or until tender. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash with fork or pulse in food processor until creamy consistency is achieved. Mix in all other ingredients except marshmallows.
- In 8”x8” or 11”x7” baking dish, spread mixture into an even layer and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with marshmallows and broil 1 minute, or until marshmallows are puffy and golden.
Tip: To save calories (and to use only one bag of marshmallows), cut marshmallows in half before adding to top of casserole.
*Make your own topping by using plain marshmallows and sprinkling on additional cinnamon.