It’s time to bring back this deli classic to your lunchtime rotation. Tuna salad is a lean protein loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and a range of vitamins and minerals. Best of all, it satisfies the appetite while also serving bright, tangy flavors. This tuna salad recipe includes the predictable crunch of celery and onion with ingredients you didn’t know were missing, like apples and grapes. Play with optional ingredients, like corn or avocado, and try wrapping in romaine as an alternative to bread.
Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 3 5 oz cans Crown Prince Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup celery diced (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 2 cups apples diced (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 cup grapes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 7 romaine lettuce leaves
In large bowl, break apart drained tuna with fork.
Mix in tomatoes, celery, cucumber, apples, grapes and red onion.
Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and lemon juice, and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
Chill at least 30 minutes.
Serve wrapped in romaine or on a bed of lettuce.