The season is abundant with parties and potlucks, so you’re going to need a quick, easy recipe to rely on as you bounce from bash to bash. You’ll probably also want to find one that’s allergen-friendly since some guests might have dietary restrictions. This gingerbread cookie recipes comes together in less than 20 minutes and yields a whopping 30 cookies—the perfect party size! Plus, a flax “egg” and gluten-free flours replace chicken eggs and conventional flour in this vegan and gluten-free recipe.
3 tsp. ground flaxseed
4 tsp. water
1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup Jem Raw Cashew Cardamom Spread
3 Tbsp. Vitacost Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
3/4 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup Tigernut Flour
½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
Pamela’s Vanilla Frosting Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Mix will and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Once flax mixture is thick and sticky, add coconut sugar, cashew spread, maple syrup, buttery coconut oil, spices, salt and baking soda. With an electric mixer on medium, mix until combined.
- Mix in flours and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Roll mixture into 30 small balls and flatten with a spoon. Alternatively, roll out dough and use for your favorite cookie cutter (like a gingerbread man shape) and cut out cookies.
- Bake for 8-10.
- Let cool and decorate with frosting and cinnamon.