When it’s cold outside, it’s important to eat food that’ll heat you up from the inside. This comforting Thai soup is light, creamy and guaranteed to warm you on the chilliest of days (while also filling you up with delicious noodles and fresh veggies!). Ladle yourself bowl and enjoy it by the fireplace.
1 box Explore Cuisine Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
1 head organic broccoli or broccolini, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup organic snap peas
3 Tbsp. Simple Truth Olive Oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/2″ piece fresh ginger, diced
1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Black Pepper
1 tsp. red chili flakes
3 Tbsp. red curry paste
1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
2 cups vegetable stock
2 Tbsp. MCT oil
1 fresh organic lime, cut in half
1 cup organic bean sprouts
1 small green chili, sliced
1/4 cup fresh organic basil
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Steam broccoli and snap peas until tender. Set aside.
- In pot, heat olive oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion becomes translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and chili flakes and stir fry for a minute. Mix in red curry paste and stir fry another minute.
- Pour in coconut milk, vegetable stock, MCT oil and juice from half of lime. Cook over medium-low and allow to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Divide soup into four bowls. Top each bowl with noodles, broccoli, snap peas, a sprinkle of red chili flakes, green chili, sprouts, basil and slice of lime.